AVG Virus Scan 7.5 Update Pop Up
One of the products we recommend to all of our clients is called AVG virus scan by Grisoft. It’s the same type of Virus scan as McAfee or Noton. However, the reason we like AVG better is simple: it’s free and it works well.
Recently, there has been a pop up appearing on our clients computers asking them to upgrade to AVG 8.0. There is a long process of clicks to get you where you want to go.
You can skip all this by going to download.com
1. Click "download now" and save the file to your Desktop (It might take a little while to download)
2. Make sure all of your programs (Internet Explorer, Word, etc) are closed before you start to install
2. Click Run
3. Make sure you select Standard Installation
4. Uncheck the "Yes, I would like to install the AVG Security Tool Bar"
If you have any problems or questions, comment on this post below. You might help someone else. We will answer your questions within 24 hours, if not sooner.
Here is the long way to do it, if you feel adventurous:
1. Click the Learn More and Upgrade Now button on the bottom right of the pop up
2. It will take you here
3. Here is where you need to pay attention, at the bottom of the page you will see:
"If you’re happy to continue manually monitoring your online security and have created your own layered security approach, click here to add new AVG Free 8.0 to your security mix."
4. Click on the Click Here link
5. It will load a new page
6. Click the download button in the "AVG Free" column
7. It will load a new page
8. Click the download button
9. It will open a new page (Download.com)
10. Click Download Now and save the file to your Desktop
11. Make sure all your programs are closed before you start to install
12. Click Run
13. Make sure you select Standard Installation
14. Uncheck the "Yes, I would like to install the AVG Security Tool Bar"
See how much time we saved you 😉