How To Fix Dogecoin Wallet Stuck, Not Syncing, Much Problem
With the recent increase in Dogecoin price. I wanted to see how my wallet was doing. It has been over 2 years since it has been synced to the network. The Dogecoin wallet was not syncing no matter what I tried. After lots of reading in the Dogecoin subreddit, I finally found a solution that worked.
Some of the error messages I ran across while trying to get my dogecoin wallet working again.
- no block source available
- ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: non-final
- peer=4 using obsolete version 70002; disconnecting
I was getting stuck on a certain block number. I would let in run for 24hrs and it would do nothing. I tried to fix this issue attacking it from all angles.
Steps I used to fix the issue;
- Update your wallet to the latest version. As of this writing, it is 1.10
- Download the latest Dogecoin bootstrap file. This can take an hour to download.
- Go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DogeCoin\ and back up the wallet.dat file and blocks and chainstate folders. Just to be safe.
- In C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DogeCoin\ and delete the blocks and chainstate folders
- Follow these instructions on the Bootstrap for Dogecoin website
- Start the Dogecoin Wallet… and wait… and wait.
If this has helped you, leave us a Dogecoin tip: D5q9wctfvA74HREvTj5dXDCAvYdX5CEgs2