Upload and Display a PDF in WordPress
Here is how too upload and display a PDF on your WordPress site.
1. Go to the page you want to add the PDF too. Then click on the Upload/Insert link. Make sure before you do so, select the area on the page where you want the PDF link to go. It will automatically place it there when you are finished.
2. The Add Media Window will open.
3. Upload the PDF.
4. Once the PDF has been upload, this new area in the Add Media Window will appear. Give your PDF a name and fill in any other attributes you’d like. Then click “Insert into Post”
5. Now you are back on the edit page and now see the link code inserted. Notice the rel=’lightbox’ tag?
6. That tag opens up a window image viewer when clicked. That will not display your PDF correctly, so we want to remove it. Then replace it with the code target=_blank. Now when the use clicks on the PDF link, it will open into a new browser window.
7. Now click ‘Publish’ and you are done! Click on ‘View Post’ to see the new page you created and test your link.